Extracted from Ottolenghi Take a look at Kitchen: Shelf Love by Noor Murad and Yotam Ottolenghi (Ebury Press, £25)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F fan. Poke the candy potatoes throughout with a fork (about 8–10 instances) and place them on a medium, parchment-lined baking tray. Bake for 45–50 minutes, or till cooked by and softened. Put aside to chill and switch the oven temperature all the way down to 180°C fan/375°F.
2. In the meantime, in a small bowl combine collectively the onion, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and a pinch of salt and put aside to pickle.
3. Take away the cooked potato skins and tear them into roughly 4 cm items. Switch the potato flesh to a big bowl and put aside. Place the skins again on the baking tray and toss with
1 tablespoon of oil, 1⁄4 teaspoon of salt and a superb grind of pepper. Bake for 8 minutes, or till properly colored and beginning to crisp
up. Put aside to chill and crisp
4. Use a fork to mash the potato flesh till clean, then add the cheddar, garlic, cumin, one other tablespoon of oil, the remaining tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of salt and a beneficiant grind of pepper, and blend to mix.
5. Put the remaining tablespoon of oil into a big frying pan, for which you’ve gotten a lid, and swirl round to coat the underside. Spoon the mashed potato combination into the pan, utilizing your spoon to distribute it evenly. Place on a medium-high warmth and go away to prepare dinner for about 7 minutes, for the underside to begin to color. Flip the warmth all the way down to medium and use a spoon to make eight wells within the potato combination, breaking an egg into every. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper, cowl with the lid and prepare dinner for 4–5 minutes, rotating the pan, or till the whites are set and the yolks are nonetheless runny.
6. Whereas the eggs are cooking, put the butter and sriracha right into a small saucepan on a medium warmth and prepare dinner till the butter has melted, whisking consistently to emulsify. Take away the combination from the warmth earlier than it begins
to bubble – you don’t need it to separate.
7. When prepared, spoon the sriracha butter all around the eggs, then high with a superb handful of the crispy potato skins, half the pickled onion and all of the picked coriander leaves. Serve immediately, with the remainder of the potato skins and pickled onion to eat alongside..