What exactly is Intentional Life Design? How does one change the trajectory of their life? How do you grow into yourself – your “muchness,” as the Mad Hatter says?
More and more we’re discovering that, when it comes to long-term change, it’s best to shift ways of being instead of setting hard rules of what to (or not to) do.
Life design is more simple than we think. It is taking our life out of autopilot and shifting into manual mode.
Instead of coasting through an evening after work in front of the TV, we would notice our arrival home, consider our needs and how we’d like to feel, and act accordingly.
Intentional life design can happen at any moment and can be reinforced with little to no pressure. It requires only one intentional decision, followed by another, and another . . .
So, how do we get started?
10 Intentional Life Design Writing Prompts:
One of the most efficient ways to begin a life of intentional living is to write it down! Here are some writing prompts for intentional life design.
Before we get started, make sure your writing place is private and comfortable. Find a place where you can be with yourself without too much interruption. This is a time to collaborate with the CEO, CFO, board, and creative director of your life. It’s a time to connect with YOU.
- What activities energize you? Note: this may be different than the activities you enjoy or the ones you’re naturally good at
- How do you want to feel when you wake up in the morning? And when you go to bed?
- Write a list of the personality traits you want in a partner (regardless of if you currently have a partner). How can you bring those things into your life? For example, if I write, “kind, generous, funny” then I would ask myself, “How can I bring more kindness into my life? Be more generous? Laugh more?”
- What am I grateful for? How can I invest more deeply in these things?
- What does success feel like?
- Are you familiar with the short description of the author in the back of a book? Write an author bio for yourself. Bonus: write it from the perspective of five or ten years in the future. What noteworthy things can you see for yourself?
- Describe your ideal weekday morning
- Write about someone you admire. What is it about them that inspires you?
- Write a letter to your ten-year-old self
- In what ways are you already living your Truth, your best life? Reflect on how you first started to incorporate those things into your life
Design Your Life With Intention
Intentional life design through writing prompts is only one way to begin to live your life with more intention on a daily basis. Many other modalities exist and we can all explore new ways to live our most truthful life.
Some examples are seated meditation, daily movement, volunteering your time, spending time every day to talk to a loved one, giving yourself a good meal or remembering to make your important doctor’s appointments.
Life design is aiding every decision we make with the compass of how we feel.
You already have everything you need to live the life you’re dreaming of and nobody is more qualified to do it than you. Life design is moving through life with this fact rooted deeply in our psyche, aiding every decision we make with the compass of how we feel.
These ten intentional life design writing prompts might make that compass arrow a little less shaky.
Please share your favorite intentional life design prompt! Comment, like and pass along this article to friends and family who are also creating a more intentional life.
Seated Meditation Immensely Helps Empower Your Mindset
Join YogiApproved Classes meditation teacher Yogi Bryan as he guides you through a potent guided meditation practice that uses neurolinguistic programming to help you best design your life with intention and ease.