The Sq. Prime Lakes Path, certainly one of a number of cresting Guanella Go above Georgetown, CO, offers hikers an opportunity to behold sweeping valley vistas and the imposing profile of Mount Bierstadt. Merely driving to the trailhead alongside Guanella Go can soothe a weary soul and take its breathe away on the identical time! As soon as on the path, the expansive go greets hikers younger and outdated of all ability ranges.
Discover the total Sq. Prime Lakes Hike profile beneath for path map, driving instructions, and extra suggestions and particulars that can assist you get pleasure from this journey on Guanella Go close to Denver.
Path Snapshot: Sq. Prime Lakes Path
|Hike Distance||4.5 miles Spherical Journey|
|Problem||Simple to Average|
|Elevation Achieve||Approx +700′|
|Canine||Allowed On Leash|
|Hike Path Map||Click on for Path Map of Sq. Prime Lakes Hike|
|Denver Drive Time||1.5 hours|
|Driving Instructions to Sq. Prime Lakes||Click on for Google Map|
|City Nearest Hike||Georgetown, Colorado|
|Magnificence||Wildflowers, 14er, Lakes, Valleys, Guanella Go, Aspens|
Parking & Trailhead Data for Sq. Prime Lakes Hike
From Denver, heading west on I-70, exit 228 for Georgetown, CO. Going left below the bridge, Georgetown’s Customer’s Heart seems instantly on the proper. This is a superb place to relaxation earlier than or after a hike. Going straight by means of the site visitors circle and turning proper onto Rose Road, Guanella Go begins on the finish of the road, curving up and up! Sq. Prime Lakes Path, simply accessed straight from the go in the summertime (when the go opens) implies that crowds usually swell on weekends. Parking is free, however can current a problem by mid-morning, particularly close to the Mount Bierstadt trailhead. The Sq. Prime Lakes parking sits on the west facet of the go. Restrooms can be found on the trailhead on the far finish of the parking zone.
The Hike: Sq. Prime Lakes Path
Starting close to the restrooms, the path instantly jaunts left to achieve a junction between the Interpretive Trial and the mountaineering path. Turning proper and heading down the steps into the valley, hikers encounter the signature Guanella Go panorama…willows and dust. Fortunately, a number of years in the past, boardwalks had been put in to help in traversing the low-lying areas. Whereas extra willows await hikers forward on the Sq. Prime Lakes path, a transparent pathway allows easy navigation. Nonetheless, some might desire lengthy pants to guard legs from scrapes.
Quickly after, because the path commences a gradual ascent, the sloping ridge gives a view onto Duck Lake to the south. It disappears as rapidly because it seems. At roughly 1.5 miles the path rises over a small ridge. The wind usually flows from the valley up by means of this small dip, and climate can change rapidly atop the go typically, so sensible hikers regulate the sky. Barely 1/4-mile later the path meets, however skirts to the left of, the decrease lake. Just a few paces past the decrease lake the path intersects with South Park Path 600.
Staying proper, the path presents presents the higher Sq. Prime Lake by way of a half-mile ascent. Casual trails unfold out across the lake. The jap ridge of the lake places hikers on seemingly eye-level with Mount Bierstadt, a neighborhood favourite 14er. The return hike merely reverses the route, following the path again down and out of the valley.
Suggestions & Sources for Climbing Sq. Prime Lakes Path
- TIP: The Sq. Prime Lakes Path utterly lacks shade. Think about mountaineering early to mid-morning. If mountaineering later within the day, take note of the climate forecast–it adjustments rapidly on Guanella Go.
- Path Map: Sq. Prime Lakes Hike
- Packing Listing: All the time pack the ten Necessities. Obtain our Climbing Information to get the listing and dayhiking packing guidelines.
- Colorado Street Circumstances: Colorado Street Circumstances
- After the Hike: Whereas time might require a direct return journey to Denver, if time permits, many get pleasure from persevering with on over Guanella Go, following it right down to Grant, CO. Turning left onto Freeway 285 towards Denver, a late breakfast or early lunch awaits hungry hikers at The Shaggy Sheep. Additional up the highway, trying to the left, a 55-ft tall statue of Jesus watches over the historic city of Santa Maria, CO.
Map & Driving Instructions
Click on for Driving Instructions