I am always on the lookout for festive wintertime drinks for the holidays, a cozy night, a fun party, or an après-ski time in front of the fireplace. This creation—my Vegan Snowflake Cocktail—is based on creamy non-dairy vanilla liqueur, coconut milk beverage, vodka, and peppermint schnapps. I tried this recipe out on my friends and family over the holidays and it got the thumbs up. The coconut milk beverage cuts the alcohol, and the cool mint flavor of the schnapps makes it so refreshing. I asked myself, what should I call this drink? And the answer was, a Snowflake! Because it’s cool and fresh, and just melts on your tongue like a fresh snowflake falling from the sky. Plus, this cocktail is the answer to a luscious, creamy drink sans the dairy. You can find more brands of dairy-free cream liqueurs on the market now, including Baileys Almande, Almondaire, and Bom Bom. I used the latter in this recipe, and it was yummy indeed! This cocktail is a much lighter version than traditional heavy cream drinks, and everyone on your party list can partake—even if they don’t consume dairy.
This cocktail recipe makes one batch, but you can easily make a pitcher of it for a party to save time. I love the crushed candy cane rim on the glasses, which actually tastes good when you sip the drinks, too. It’s also a fun way to use up your leftover candy canes. And it even gives you fresh breath! All that from a fun cocktail.
Tis the season to try this festive, wintertime Vegan Snowflake Cocktail recipe that’s 100% plant-based (vegan), and light and lovely as a snowflake.
- 2 small candy canes (for garnish)
- 1 ounce vegan vanilla cream liqueur (i.e., Baileys Almande, Almondaire, and Bom Bom)+1 teaspoon for garnish
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 ounce vodka
- ½ ounce peppermint schnapps
- 2 ounces coconut milk beverage
- To rim glasses with candy cane: Crush 1 candy cane by placing it on a clean dishtowel, and folding over the dishtowel on top of the candy cane. Use a rolling pin and roll over the candy cane in the towel to crush it. Pour 1 teaspoon of vegan vanilla cream liqueur in a small dish. Using your fingers, brush the rim of the glass with the liqueur and then immediately dip the glass in the crushed candy cane. Allow the candy to dry for a few minutes on the glass.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Add 1 ounce vegan vanilla cream liqueur, 1 ounce vodka, 1 ounce peppermint schnapps, and 2 ounces coconut milk beverage. Stir to combine.
- Serve with a small candy cane as a garnish.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Beverage
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cocktail, cocktail recipe, best winter cocktail
For other cocktail recipes, check out these ideas: